The 2010 Arctic Winter Games Host Society (“Host Society”) is committed to keeping your personal information confidential and secure. When you submit your volunteer application form you agree that:
We may collect personal information from you and about you such as:
- Your name, address, occupation, education, skills and date of birth; and
- Other information we may need in order to coordinate volunteer services for the 2010 Arctic Winter Games including any special needs you may have.
We may collect from, use and disclose this personal information to any person or organization for the following purposes:
- To confirm your identity;
- To understand and meet any special needs that you may have;
- To determine your suitability as a volunteer (including a criminal records check as set out within the application);
- To set up and manage programs and services for the 2010 Arctic Winter Games that meet your needs and those of the Host Society; and
- To meet any legal, insurance and/or regulatory requirements.
We may not provide directly all of the services related to your relationship with us. We may use third party service providers to process or handle personal information on our behalf and to assist us with various services such as volunteer coordination, printing, mail distribution and marketing, and you acknowledge that we may release information about you to them. Some of our service providers may be located outside of Canada. When personal information is provided to a service provider, we will require them to protect the information in a manner that is consistent with our own privacy policies and/or practices.